This article will take you on a walk down memory lane. These are some of the memories it generated for me:
- My aunt passed away unexpectedly. I think about her at least a few times a week and am reminded of how much I loved her, miss her, and how fickle life can truly be.
- I remember the day I was relaxing on my townhome couch, about a month after I bought it, and thought to myself, “On the balance sheet of my life, I now own this incredible asset… all by myself!”
- I am making my 21 year-old self proud. The long hours at work, piles of homework, and mountain of student loans are paying off.
- I have fantastic friends I’ve acquired over the years from various points in my life. I’ve purposefully stopped being friends with not-so-fantastic friends and it made me a better person.
- I felt like I was in Sex & the City when I met Matt. It was exactly as described in this post – I decided to love myself more and ditch the jerks. A month later, I met my wonderful husband.
It’s worth a read (and maybe it will be the catalyst in #1 to change your life).